Hands with world map

Incoming & Outgoing

How do I get started in Germany? How can I go abroad?
Hands with world map
Image: Jan-Peter Kasper (University of Jena)

If you want to start a doctorate in Germany, there are various ways to do so: You can apply for open positions at university chairs or in a doctoral programme. But you can also contact a possible supervisor directly. You can find an overview of the different ways here.

Young researchers of Jena University who are planning a research stay abroad during their doctorate, may apply to funding schemes that support these research stays. It is also possible to combine a research stay abroad with the participation in an international conference and a workshop.

Orientation on the way to the doctorate
How do I start a PhD in Jena?
Information for PhD interested
Weltkugel auf Geldscheinen
Support for research stays abroad
How do I finance a research stay abroad?
Joint doctoral degree between universities of different countries and the Friedrich Schiller University Jena
Binational Joint Doctorate (Cotutelle)
Information about how to start a Cotutelle de Thèse

Welcome Service

Schillers Gartenhaus
Welcome Service
for newly beginning researchers at Jena University
Share this page
Friedrich Schiller University on social media:
Studying amid excellence:
Top of the page