Who needs to provide a German language proficiency proof?
- International and German applicants with a foreign university entrance certificate, who wish to apply for a German taught master's programme, i.e. programme with (predominantly) German as language of instruction
What language certificates are accepted?
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH), min. level 2 (= DSH-2),
- the Goethe-Zertifikat C2 (GDS),
- the Deutsche Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz (DSD II),
- the TestDaF, min. TDN 4 in all four parts of the examination,
- Certificate telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule (min. level "befriedigend"),,
- a German language examination in the framework of an assessment test at a preparatory college.
Who is excempted from providing proof?
- Applicants who have obtained a German taught bachelor's degree within one of the following countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein. This applies only to degrees that were awarded by a university in the relevant country (no satellite campuses or international branch campuses in other countries, no correspondence course degrees, no joint- or double-degrees with institutions in other countries);
- Holders of a German, Austrian or Swiss (from school where the language of instruction is German) university entrance qualification.
What do I have to do when the required German language proficiency proof is not available at the time of application?
- You may only apply if you can show a certificate attesting your German language skills at least at level B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) AND
- a test registration confirmation for e.g. TestDaF, DSH or an equivalent test
Can I apply for the DSH course at the University of Jena?
- You may apply for the (chargeable) "German Language Course Preparing for the German Language Examination (DSH)" at the University of Jena. Please note: Language skills at min. level B1 (e.g. Goethe-Zertifikat B1, TestDaF at least 4x3 and/or 800 teaching units from a recognized language school) are required for the preparatory course application
- For detailed information on the application and further information, please visit the website of the International Office at https://www.uni-jena.de/en/DSHcourse.html or contact the International Office directly email@example.com .
- Shortly before taking the DSH-2-Examination or after successfully passing it, you are welcome to apply for a German taught master's programme