What is the DAAD Prize?
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) awards funds to universities each year as part of the DAAD Prize for outstanding academic achievements by international students. The award also includes prize money of €1,000 and can only be won by individual students. Candidates studying at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena wanting to apply must fulfil the following criteria:
- above-average academic achievements
- social commitment, in particular on an intercultural basis and preferably in Jena
- a foreign national
- obtained the secondary school leaving certificate abroad
- enrolled on a standard course at the University Jena (guest studies not eligible)
- currently in an advanced stage of their studies, i.e. at least in the second year of study within an undergraduate study programme/doctorate, or in the second semester of a master's programme, and still due to be enrolled until the end of October 2021
- where possible, are not scholarship holders of the DAAD or another German institution
Are you a suitable candidate? The application form is available from April until 31 May 2021. Please send your complete application (application form + transcript of records + letter of reference) no later than by 31 May 2021 to the address stated in the all for applications (date of receipt).
The commission responsible for granting study-related allowances will examine applications first and invite the most promising candidates to an interview (in June). The commission, chaired by the Vice-President for Learning and Teaching, is furthermore composed of four representatives of the faculties and one representative of the International Office.
The winner will be announced in one of the University’s news releases.
Portraits of previous prize winners can be found here.