The 2nd Forum organised by the EC2U Alliance will take place virtually on 19–21 May. It will be hosted by the University of Turku, and will focus on topics including social sustainability, collaboration between universities and cities, and micro-credentials/recognition of students engagement.
Every six months, the Alliance organises the EC2U Forum to gather students, staff, citizens, local and regional authorities to foster open dialogue on pressing issues in society and to share good practices. The Forum in Turku will be free of charge, open to all, and will be organised virtually due to the COVID-19 situation.
The European Campus of City-Universities (EC2U) is a multi-cultural and multi-lingual Alliance consisting of seven long-standing, education- and research-led, locally and globally engaged universities from four diverse regions of the European Union: the University of Coimbra, the University of Iasi, the University of Jena, the University of Pavia, the University of Poitiers (Coordinator), the University of Salamanca and the University of Turku.
Wednesday 19th May
- 10.00–10.45 CET Opening of the Forum
- 11.00–13.00 CET First webinar and Panel discussion on Social Sustainability
- 13.00–14.00 CET Thematic Discussions with Coffee
- 14.00–16.00 CET WP4 Peer Support and Peer Counselling of Student in EC2U Workshop for Students
Thursday 20th May
- 10.00–12.00 CET Second webinar and Panel discussion on University and City in cooperation and research
- 12.00–13.00 CET Thematic Discussions with Coffee
- 14.00–16.00 CET Student Event
Friday 21st May
- 10.30–11.30 CET Building a value-based community: findings of the 1st EC2U Think Tank survey Value4YourValues
- 12.00–13.45 CET Higher Education Round Table on: Student engagement and micro-credentials
- 13.45–14.00 CET Closing of the Forum
- 14.00–15.00 CET Social Programme: Virtual City Walk on the banks of river Aura
- 15.00–16.00 CET Casual Discussion and Evaluation