The application period for the winter term 2022/23 started on 1 April. You can apply now via the application portal Online Application System, short OLAS, for certain master's programmes. Click here [pdf, 91 kb] de to find out for which programmes you can apply.
- Step 1 - Register
- Register yourself in Online Application System (OLAS).
- Afterwards you will receive an email confirming the registration.
In this email you will find your username and a system generated password and attached the master application manual.
Upon your first log in you will be asked to change the system generated password. This amendment is mandatory in order to continue with the application.
- Step 2 - Prepare
- Please inform yourself about the required application documents for the master's programme you wish to apply for (see the respective study information page).
- Prepare all required documents, scan them and save each document as one single PDF-file (max. 5 MB).
Please note that you have to upload your official documents (high school, university and language certificates) in their original language along with an official German or English translation. If the documents are already in English or German, then they do not need to be translated.
- Please do not send any uploaded application documents as hard copies to us!
- Please make sure to apply during the correct application period!
Please note: You cannot interrupt or cache your online application. You have to do online application process in one go! Thus, please prepare everything you need BEFORE you log in and apply. Furthermore, please carry out the application steps always in the same browser window. Otherwise your application will not be saved correctly.
- Step 3 - Apply
- Fill in the online application:
Please make sure that you enter your names as stated in your passport. Also, please note that the entry regarding both your correspondence address and your email address have to be kept up-to-date in your application account during the whole application process! All official information (e.g. the official admission letter) is issued and sent via our online application system and, therefore, to the addresses stated in the system.
- Upload the required application documents (see Step 2) to the intended spaces. Please make sure to upload only the documents, which are required. Big merged PDF-files which contain every application document all at once are not accepted! The Application Assistant will guide you through the online application.
- Before saving your application, please review your entries. Once you saved the application, you cannot upload any further documents! Thus, if you want to add documents, you have to delete the saved application and have to apply again and repeat the entire application process.
- Fill in the online application:
- Step 4 - Send registration form
- Please download and save the automatically generated registration form "Application for Admission at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena to the Masters Programme"by clicking the button "download application".
- Sign the form. To do so, please print out the form, sign it and then scan the signed form.
- Please submit the signed registration form "Application for Admission at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena to the Masters Programme" as a PDF-file via email to email@example.com
Please note: Only after receiving your signed "Application for Admission at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena to the Masters Programme" within the deadline (reference: date of receipt of the email*), your application will process further and will take part in the selection procedure.
(*This does not apply to applications for MSc Psychology! Here the deadline for receipt of the signed application form by email is by 31 May at the latest!)
Please direct your enquiries via Service Desk at www.uni-jena.de/service-msz.
Master Service Centre