Welcome service for new doctoral candidates and guest doctoral researchers
Doctoral candidates with doctoral hats
We are happy that you have chosen Friedrich Schiller University Jena for your doctorate or your research stay and wish you a good start at your institute and in the city of Jena!
We are here to inform and assist you, both in advance and during your stay with us. On the following pages, you may find some useful information for the start of your doctorate or your research stay in Jena.
What are the issues that the tutoring service can help me with?
- questions about entry and stay (visa issues, citizens' service, immigration office)
- orientation in the city and at the university (search for the right contact person)
- procedures at University of Jena (admission as a doctoral candidate, enrolment, multimedia centre, computer centre, library)
- doctorate and family (finding childcare, kindergarten, school)
- issues and problems of everyday life (finding accomodation, bank accounts, insurances)
Who are the tutors?
How can I contact the tutoring service?
Please write an e-mail with your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person is Dr. Alexander Schwarzkopf.
The Zeiss planetarium is the oldest planetarium in the world. Inside, it offers a stunning white cupola, onto which planets and fixed stars are projected during special shows.