Erasmus+ for guests from partner universities in Europe

Image: Jan-Peter Kasper (University of Jena)

Are you a visiting lecturer from one of our partner university and need some help with the organizing your stay in Jena? Here you can find information on all practical aspects to deal with before and during your stay in Jena. We will be glad to help you!

Contact to the host institute

The first step to undertaking a teaching or advanced study visit at the University Jena is to contact with a colleague at the host institute. It is important to contact the host institute as soon as possible to coordinate the period and content of your stay.

Before your arrival

Discuss your specialist project with your colleague and fill in the Mobility Agreement. Please note that the exact period of your stay must be coordinated with the host institute at the University of Jena. Do not forget to observe the application deadlines for teaching and research mobility at your home university.

Entry requirements

Visa information EU/EEA/Switzerland
Citizens of the European Union, the European Economic Area, and Switzerland do not require an entry visa or a permit for a longer stay. To enter the country, they only need a valid passport or identity card.

Looking for an accomodation

If you are planning a short-term stay in Jena (under four weeks), unfortunately, there is no accommodation available at the University. You should therefore book accommodation at a hotelpdf, 190 kb · de.

Funding options

The financing of your Erasmus+ research mobility will be arranged by your home university. If you have any questions about financing, please contact the International Office at your home university.

Before your departure

Please present your Letter of Confirmation to your academic advisor. This will confirm the duration and content of your stay at the University of Jena. After your return to your home university, you should submit the document to the International Office there.