- Excellent teaching: Experienced teaching staff and modern training concepts ensure that graduates earn a top quality and internationally recognized degree and thus the best possible qualifications for the demands of the labour market.
- Good ratings: In teaching evaluations, the University's sports science programmes always achieve above-average positions. The reason is simple: It is mainly due to the good supervision ratio and the qualified specialists in teaching and research.
- Innovative research: The Institute covers the core areas of sports science. The research profile is characterized by a clear orientation towards the topic of ‘Health’.
- Top facilities: Modern sports facilities, lecture theatres and seminar rooms await you at the Institute of Sports Science in Jena.
- Adventure abroad: If you dream of spending a semester abroad, you can easily make it come true. Our University has a worldwide network of partner universities.
- University entrance qualification
A university entrance qualification, such as a general secondary school leaving certificate, is required for admission onto the study programme.
More information on university entrance qualifications can be found here.
- Medical certificate
In order to be admitted to a sports science programme at Friedrich Schiller University Jena, you must provide doctor’s certificate confirming your medical eligibility.
- Language requirements
Admission and language requirements for applicants of foreign nationality and without German Abitur: www.uni-jena.de/en/study-orientation-international
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 to 12:20, Tuesday 14:00 to 18:00 and on Wednesday and Thursday from 14:00 to 16:00.
Tuesday 13 - 15
Wednesday 10 - 12
Thursday 13 - 15
Friday 10 - 12
Updates / adjustments may occur at any time. Thank you for your understanding!
We currently provide advice and handle your concern solely also via phone and service desk.
You can reach us by phone
Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 11:00