- Good ratings: In teaching evaluations, the University's sports science programmes always achieve above-average positions. The reason is simple: It is mainly due to the good supervision ratio and the qualified specialists in teaching and research.
- Excellent teaching: Our teaching staff deliver solid theoretical content while taking current research findings into account. The focus is not only on specialist knowledge, but also on career-relevant skills not specific to the subject (e.g. leadership, social and methodological skills), which are becoming more and more important in sports management.
- High level of interdisciplinarity: The course content is interdisciplinary and covers the entire spectrum of sports management from sports economics and event management to financing in sports.
- Optimum support: Especially in higher semester of the Bachelor’s programme, courses hare held in small groups. This allows for a high degree of interactivity. In addition, lecturers can respond to students’ needs and questions individually.
- Strong practical orientation: We believe in interactive teaching concepts that build a bridge between theory and practice. The great asset of the study programme is the transfer of scientific knowledge to practical activities in sports organizations.
- Wide network of partners: Both the study programme and the students benefit greatly from the professional and geographical proximity to the numerous sports organizations in Jena and the surrounding area, with whom we cooperate on various topics and projects.
- University entrance qualification
A university entrance qualification, such as a general secondary school leaving certificate, is required for admission onto the study programme.
More information on university entrance qualifications can be found here.
- Medical certificate
In order to be admitted to a sports science programme at Friedrich Schiller University Jena, you must provide doctor’s certificate confirming your medical eligibility.
- Language requirements
Admission and language requirements for applicants of foreign nationality and without German Abitur: www.uni-jena.de/en/study-orientation-international
Monday und Friday 9:00 to 11:00
Wednesday 13:00 to 15:00
The ASPA is mainly responsible for students at the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Theology.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 to 12:20, Tuesday 14:00 to 18:00 and on Wednesday and Thursday from 14:00 to 16:00.
Tuesday 13 - 15
Wednesday 10 - 12
Thursday 13 - 15
Friday 10 - 12
Updates / adjustments may occur at any time. Thank you for your understanding!
We currently provide advice and handle your concern solely also via phone and service desk.
You can reach us by phone
Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 11:00