for international students and groups of students
Image: B. Salheiser

Before studies

You can only submit an application to study here via various online portals. Old paper application forms will no longer be accepted. International applicants find more information about the application at:

After admission, please also note the information about the documents required for the enrolment.

During studies

Students of degree-seeking study programmes in Jena:

Please find your documents here de (including application forms for a change of subject, leave of absence, termination of enrolment)

Guest students/participants in the DSH exam:

Application for termination of enrolment [pdf, 95 kb] de [pdf 96KB] only for guest students and DSH exam participants. Please ensure you read this through carefully before completing it. Please make sure to de-register from the library before you submit your application in person at the International Office.

Residence permit/visa

Other administration forms and translations of documents


Guest students
You may re-register for a subsequent semester only if you have been admitted to this or were allowed to extend your studies. If you wish to extend your studies, please fill in the application [doc, 45 kb] de and contact the International Students team at

Participants of the DSH course
You may re-register for a second DSH course semester only if you receive a positive evaluation after the first semester and pass the entrance test again.

Funding of intercultural and integrative activities

More information on the promotion of intercultural campus life.


Could you not find the form? Do you have any questions? Please contact the International Students team at