- Who selects the award winners?
The panel of experts of the Academy for Teaching Development selects the award winners on the basis of the nomination documents received.
- What are the selection criteria?
Teaching concepts rated as outstanding in at least one of the following criteria can receive a teaching award:
- innovative teaching methods and learning materials are used in a target group-specific manner
- the didactic design of the course supports the learning process and success of the students in a special way
- exemplary forms of interaction between teachers and students are used.
- Who can be nominated?
All professors and academic employees working in teaching at Friedrich Schiller University Jena can be nominated. In addition to individual teachers, teams can also be nominated.
- Who may nominate?
- students (a minimum of five)
- subject-specific student representative committees
- academic staff
- How can nominations be submitted?
In addition to nominations by students and/or other teachers, direct applications are also possible.
A nomination form is available which must be completed in order to submit a nomination. The completed form, together with the other necessary nomination documents, must then be sent by email to the Academy for Teaching Development (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the application deadline.
Dr. Nils Töpfer
Prof. Dr. Michael Wermke, Dr. Sophie Seher, Fahed Al-Janabi
(Teaching in Pandemic Times)