- Studying (course of studies, content, organization, ...)
Programme structure, orientation, content, and course of studies
- Career entry
Career guidance and orientation during your studies
Internships and career entry with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Self-employment and starting a business
- Social counselling (finances, housing, surrounding conditions, ...)
- Psycho-social counselling and psychotherapy
(Preventive) psychosocial counselling
- Discrimination and equality
- Chronic illness and disability
- Pregnancy and studying with child(ren)
- Agentur für Arbeit Jena (local office of the Federal Employment Agency)
The career counselling service of the Employment Agency provides advice on alternatives to studying and supports you in the process of choosing a career.
Dropping out of your studies and opting for a vocational training programme in a company is by no means a bad thing. Many companies are happy to hire university dropouts. The experience and knowledge you gained during your studies are often an advantage. This is especially true if the contents of the studies overlap with those of the training. In some cases, the duration of the vocational training can even be shortened.
Have a fresh start at finding yourself. When doing so, keep in mind what you didn't like about your first attempt. The career counselling service of the Employment Agency can help you along this path.
- individual and neutral career/study counselling
- assistance in finding vocational training positions
- financial support
Make an appointment now and start reshaping your future!
- via email
- by telephone via the free service number 0800 45555 00
- in person at any office of the Agentur for Arbeit Jena
- Thuringian Agency for Skilled Personnel Marketing
The Thuringian Agency for Skilled Personnel Marketing (ThAFF)—as a state-wide institution and Welcome Centre—is the central point of contact for skilled professionals who are planning their private and professional future in Thuringian as well as for Thuringian employers looking for support to secure skilled personnel. The ThAFF is funded by the Federal State of Thuringia.
- Handwerkskammer für Ostthüringen (East-Thuringian Chamber of Handicrafts)
Guidance on apprenticeships
is a sovereign task of the chambers of handicrafts. It ensures neutral and confidential counselling and support for all those involved in apprenticeships. The support services for apprentices include in particular:
- information on innovative and future-oriented professions in the handicrafts sector,
- advice on training and examination law (e.g. rights and obligations, shortening and extending the training period)
- information on vocational school and training course locations,
- advice on retraining measures.
The apprenticeship advisors are available to answer all your questions about apprenticeships in the handicrafts sector in person, by telephone and also by email.
- Industrie- und Handelskammer Ostthüringen zu Gera (East-Thuringian Chamber of Industry and Commerce in Gera)
Guidance on vocational training
You are welcome to contact the training advisors with any basic questions you may have. They will support you not only in terms of recognition of previous achievements, but also in the search for suitable training companies.
- Kreishandwerkerschaft Jena/Saale-Holzland-Kreis (district chamber of handicrafts)
What they offer:
- advice in a personal consultation,
- information on occupations in the handicraft sector and alternatives to your chosen occupation,
- assessment and optimization of application documents,
- registration in our applicant pool,
- support in finding and selecting suitable training companies,
- establishing contact with potential training companies,
- preparation for recruitment tests and interviews.
- Jena Business Development — Wirtschaftsförderungsgesellschaft Jena mbH
Jena Business Development — Wirtschaftsförderungsgesellschaft Jena mbH provides general information about Jena as a business location and its industries and research focus. The company database contains a large number of training companies. The job portal lists available jobs in Jena. They also provide information about events and offer services on various topics.
You can find another overview of contact persons, information and tools if you have doubts about studying here [pdf, 820 kb] de.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 to 12:20, Tuesday 14:00 to 18:00 and on Wednesday and Thursday from 14:00 to 16:00.