With the funding line ‘Free Space for Teaching’, the Academy for Teaching Development supports teachers committed to the further development of teaching. Teachers at our University can thus be provided with additional resources for implementing specific projects in the area of academic teaching.
Further development of academic teaching may relate to:
- the development of new teaching and learning concepts, or new teaching contents;
- the conceptualization or profound re-organization of study programmes (taking into account the structural requirements for study programmes);
- the further development of the curriculum.
In this funding line, a maximum of €50,000 per year are made available. Funding is granted for up to two semesters, usually beginning in the winter following the submission of the proposal. Applications for projects with a smaller funding volume and/or a shorter duration are possible and explicitly encouraged.
The funds granted may be used for the following expenses:
- counter-financing temporary teaching load reductions / leaves of absence from teaching;
- costs for student assistants and graduate assistants;
- costs for documentation and publication of the project-specific results and findings.
All full-time members of the teaching staff at the University are eligible to apply. The projects may be carried out by individuals or by teams likewise.
When selecting projects to be funded, the decisive factor is the expected contribution to the advancement of the academic teaching. Therefore, the selection criteria are:
- added value for teaching in the respective subject, e.g. by developing reusable teaching formats and contents, or sustainable teaching materials;
- broad impact of the measure, e.g. enrichment of teaching in other subjects (encouraged by an exchange of experiences);
- potential for a sustainable integration of new teaching and learning concepts.
Would you like to apply for funding for your teaching project?
Please submit your complete application documents according to the call for applications via the Dean's Office/the Dean for Studtent Affairs! Further information on the application procedure can be found here.