The application period for the summer term 2023 starts on December 1. Please use the application portal "Friedolin 2.0" if you like to apply for one or more of the 46 master's programmes [pdf, 115 kb].
- Step 1 - Register
- Register yourself by selecting „apply now!“ on the homepage of the Friedolin 2.0 portal.
- If you are already a registered user of this application portal, please cancel the online registration and log in with your user ID and password instead.
- After the successful self-registration you will receive a welcome email. The email contains your user ID and instructions on how to confirm your email address.
- Confirm your email address.
Please note: Always remember your user ID and your self-chosen password! You will need this information in order to log in to the application portal in the future.
- Step 2 - Prepare
- Please inform yourself about the required application documents for the master's programme you wish to apply for (see the respective study information page).
- Prepare all required documents, scan them and save each document as one single PDF-file (max. 5 MB).
- There is only one upload slot available for most application documents. Therefore, if you have a document which consists of multiple pages, please merged them to one single PDF file!
- Official documents (high school, university and language certificates) must be uploaded in their original language along with an official German or English translation. If the documents were originally issued in English or German already, then translation are not necessary.
- Please do not send any (uploaded) application documents as hard copies to us!
- Step 3 - Apply
- Log in to the portal.
- Select „Start application“ to apply for a master’s degree programme.
- Please make sure to apply during the correct application period!
- Follow the instructions on the shown pages: Provide all necessary data and upload all required application documents needed for the programme/s you wish to apply for. Please make sure to upload only the documents, which are required. Big merged PDF-files which contain every application document all at once are not accepted!
- After you entered all requested data and uploaded all application documents, you will see an overview of your provided information. Please review the information carefully before submitting your application.
- Select „submit application“.
- Please note: You can only submit an application until the shown deadline!
- It is not necessary to send any data control sheets to the Master Service Centre!
- Should your application be incomplete and/or incorrect, please select "withdraw and edit application" to edit your application. Afterwards confirm the information provided and submit your application.
Should you have technical problems during the registration and/or online application, please send an online ticket via the Service Desk by using your university log in data. Please select > Campus Management > Friedolin 2.0 > Enquiries regarding Friedolin 2.0.
You do not have access to the portal yet? Please visit the official Service Desk Portal page for more information.
Please direct your enquiries via Service Desk at www.uni-jena.de/service-msz.
Master Service Centre