For this Master's programme you need an undergraduate degree (Bachelor with 180 credit points) or an equivalent first professional qualification that meets the following requirements:
- You have acquired at least 90 credit points in the field of Political Science and an overall grade of 1.5 (approx. “very good”) or better.
- You have acquired at least 20 credit points from classes focused on international relations or international organizations.
- You have acquired at least 15 credit points in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods.
- You have completed at least one job-oriented internship in international relations or international organizations or studied one semester abroad.
If you do not sufficiently meet any of these requirements, but your overall grade is at least 2.3 (approx. “good”) and your studies, curriculum vitae and motivation indicate a particular fit for our programme, you may also be admitted upon consideration of the following factors:
- The scope and grades of the courses, which are particularly relevant for our Master’s programme, as well as the final thesis of your first academic qualification;
- your international experiences as they relate to our programme;
- your practical experiences and additional qualifications, which may be relevant for our programme; and
- your individual areas of interest and reflections on the content and requirements of our Master’s programme, as indicated in your letter of motivation and your curriculum vitae, which inform us about your background, knowledge and skills as well as your personal goals and your capacity to study successfully.
The acquisition of credit points in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods can be made up as early as possible and at the latest by the 4th semester.