Let’s stay healthy together—you can protect yourself and others by practising good hygiene:
- Wash and disinfect your hands regularly and thoroughly.
- When you experience flu-like symptoms, consult a doctor and keep your distance from others.
- Wear a face mask covering your mouth and nose — inside university buildings and at the study spaces.
- Only take off the mask at the study space if you can maintain a distance of 1.5 m.
- Comply with the restrictions regarding capacity—the removal of distance markings is prohibited.
- Contribute to a healthy room climate by airing rooms for ten minutes every hour with the windows wide open.
- Observe the University’s Hygiene and Infection Prevention PlanExternal link at all times.
To help our students participate in online lectures, we increased the number of study spaces with internet access in the winter semester 2021/22.
You can use these study spaces for free provided that you use them for your studies.
Study spaces are available in several facilities such as the Thuringian University and State Library (ThULB), the University Main Building, and the Multimedia Centre (MMZ). Below you will find information on available locations, room numbers, opening hours, and reservation.
Please be considerate of others and use these areas for studying only. Take your items with you when you leave for a longer break.
WiFi study spaces without prior booking, 8:00-22:00 :
- 1st floor, seminar room 106: 20 places
- ground floor, seminar room 021: 20 places
- Main Library Building with the Branch Library of Arts and Humanities (Teilbibliothek Geisteswissenschaften) 9:00-22:00.
- WiFi study spaces, booking via https://www.thulb.uni-jena.de/APBuchungExternal link: 932 places
Wifi study spaces without prior booking from 8:00 to 22:00:
- seats in front of the cafeteria (in the building), 180 places
- 1st floor, gallery / study spaces, 100 places
- 2nd floor, gallery / study spaces, 102 places
- 1st floor, seminar room 120: 24 places
- 1st floor, seminar room 125: 24 places
- 2nd floor, seminar room 226: 30 places
- 3rd floor, seminar room 385: 50 places
- 2nd floor, seminar room 227: 10 places
Computer room, primarily for students of the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration and the Faculty of Law; logins for students of other faculties are issued by the computer service centre on site Institut für WirtschaftswissenschaftenExternal link, opening hours: Mon and Thu 6:00-18:00 and Fri 06:00-14:00:
- 2nd floor, computer room, room 2014, 20 workstations
- 2nd floor, computer room, room 2016, 20 workstations
- 2nd florr, computer room 2017, 49 workstations
Branch Library of Law, Economics and Social Sciences (Teilbibliothek Rechts-, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften) with WiFi study spaces; booking via https://www.thulb.uni-jena.de/APBuchungExternal link: 9:00-22:00: 597 places
Dornburger Straße 159
Institute of Ecology
- computer room 407: 16 places
- opening hours: Monday to Friday 7:00-19:00
- the room is open (if it is locked, please contact an employee in the building)
- choice of seats according to availability on site
WiFi study spaces available for booking via https://www.thulb.uni-jena.de/APBuchungExternal link, opening hours 10:00-20:00:
- Branch library of Natural Sciences (Teilbibliothek Naturwissenschaften): 172 places
Computer room only for students of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science (Kompetenz- und Service-Zentrum der Fakultät für Mathematik und Informatik), booking via https://www.ksz.uni-jena.de/aktuelles+aus+dem+ksz/buchung+der+ksz-poolsExternal link, opening hours 7:30-17:00:
- Linux computer room 1 (3413): 20 places
- Linux computer room 2 (3410): 24 places
- Win computer room 1 (3415): 24 places
- Win computer room 2 (3417): 20 places
Information on opening times and registration can be found again hereExternal link.
Study spaces in the UHG/ University Main Building distributed across corridors, WiFi study spaces without prior booking: 20 places
Computer room 135, without prior booking: 24 places
Reading room WiFi study spaces without prior booking, 9:00-16:00: 51 places
Mensa Ernst-Abbe-Platz (canteen)
- Canteen: WiFi study spaces without prior booking outside of meal times: 600 places 8:00-11:00 and 14:00-18:00.
Mensa Philosophenweg 20 (canteen)
Canteen: WiFi study spaces without prior booking outside of meal times, 8:00-11:00 and 14:00-18:00: 600 places
MMZ Ernst-Abbe-Platz 8 (Multi Media Centre)
- computer rooms 202/204/205, 216 and 217, opening hours: Mon to Fri 8:00-20:00, the rooms are open, seating is subject to availability on site